Saturday, May 29, 2010

PhotoHunt - Memorial



The purpose of Memorial Day, which will occur on Monday May 31st, is to commemorate U.S. men and women who died while in the military service. This picture was taken at the Essex County 9/11 Memorial in West Orange, New Jersey. In addition to honoring those who died in the World Trade Center on 9/11, I think this soaring eagle statue is fitting for remembering those who died while serving the United States in the military. May they all be remembered for their sacrifice.

10 comments:

  1. I agree. Let's all be honored and grateful to have those brave soldiers to protect us and our country.

    I'm a bit late, but here is my entry -

    Mariposa's PhotoHunt

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of the most beautiful memorials I have seen.

    My photohunt post is up

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful memorial photo Simba. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely memorial photo Simba!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fitting memorial to those who have given their lives....

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very thoughtful tribute indeed! I join you, from India, in condoling the deaths of all those innocent people!

    On a different note, we have pets of the same name! My lil doggie is called Simbha too! :)

    http://almostsunday.blogspot.com/search/label/Simbha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! We also have posted a Memorial Day post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I'm late getting to your PhotoHunt post. I just want to know if you, as a cat, weren't terribly tempted to jump on that bird??? Seriously though, great take on the theme and I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete