Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sorta Scary

The other day when Mom and I had our excursion outside, I had a somewhat scary experience, although Mom feels I handled it bravely. Our street is very quiet, but while I was in the front yard, a truck collecting donations came to one of the houses, and as soon as I saw the truck, I went onto the front steps and got close to the front door. I wasn't sure what the truck was planning to do, but I didn't want to take any chance.

Mom didn't have the key to let us in that way, so I had to wait on the landing till the truck left. (this picture is zoomed as it was leaving after turning around - it really was not too close).

11 comments:

  1. That is a very big truck Simba and you were very brave to guard the front door until the truck left. Even though we don't get outside, when my little sisfur Angel hears a truck in our cul-de-sac, she runs upstairs and hides.

    Isabella

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very clever of you to rush back to the door of your house, Simba, rather than bolt out into the unknown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chans: I know! Usually I am like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simba, your tail got almost as big as the truck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simba,
    OMC you are brave! We come skittering in the house from the CATIO when we hear a truck come up the street!
    Especially the garbage truck. That thing is evil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were very smart to stay close to your door when you were afraid! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are SO brave my friend, and oh my but you've got a boofy tail!! You could rule the world with a fine tail like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I hate trucks too! I will go and hide down the back of the house when I see them - especially garbage trucks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you were very brave to sit at the door and not run away, Simba!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very brave indeed Simba! When Alice hears a noise she has to run inside and hide behind the washing machine! I have to leave the back door open for her in case she panics. But you look more like you were guarding your house instead of being scaird. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good job Simba! You were not scared at all! you were protecting the house and your mama! :)

    ReplyDelete