Friday, October 30, 2009

Feathered Friends Friday


Sometimes I think my Dad loves birdies more than me. Every evening he fills up the bird feeders and in the summer he fills the hummingbird tubes, before he pays any attention to me. Sometimes that Hurts My Feelings. This pretty birdie is a barn swallow who was at the lodge where my Mom and Dad stayed near Glacier Bay Alaska. She/he is pretty sweet! I hope you Othercats watch birdies but don't eat them! Unless you are feral and then it is okay, since you must be very hungry.

8 comments:

  1. I watch the birdies, and I make little chattering noises at them! Mummy thinks if I ever saw a real one that I'd just be best friends with it (brother would hide heehee)

    *RUMBLEpurr*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mommie just told us today she's banning us from bird hunting should we ever be allowed outside unleashed. She just read from a very reliable source that bird flu can be contracted from a caught bird, and is always fatal to cats. So much for that. I guess we have to settle for mice then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello our floofy friend Simba! We love to watch the birdies. We have four feeders in our (very small) backyard and a hummingbird feeder hanging on our front porch. We are indoor cats, so my Mom hangs the bird feeders by the windows so we can watch the birds. That is a great photo of the barn swallow!
    Purrs, Raymond and Busby

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe that anyone could pay attention to the birds first! You are the most important thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Dad is just setting up the cat TV for you to enjoy, Simba. Nice picture of the barn swallow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm....what a tasty...oh we mean cute....looking birdie!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now don't be jealous of that little old birdie. You dad is just trying to makes it's life easier by having food for it. Your dad loves you bunches and bunches.

    ReplyDelete