Monday, January 31, 2011

Stylish Blogger


Recently on the same day, both Sam and Lucy, and Eric and Flynn, nominated me for the Stylish Blogger Award. Thank you all four for this award! I am supposed to tell you 7 things about myself.

1. I am really quite svelte under all my floof.

2. In the evening, if I hear so much as a single creak on the stairs, I know if it is Mom, and if it is, I go up to join her in bed. I don’t do this with Dad, because somehow I can tell who it is going upstairs.

3. I seem good at regulating my food intake. Even if there is a constant supply of dry food, I only eat so much. I like moist food the best, but I also don’t overdo it there, and I like smaller amounts of moist food more often rather than a big bowlfull.

4. The house I live in is quite large, and I have several favorite napping spots. I always spend part of the day in the basement on the window ledge and a lot of the day on the sofa.

5. I never beg for, or eat, human food. I could be trusted with the whole Thanksgiving turkey on the counter and leave it alone.

6. When Mom and Dad got me, I was already declawed, and though they wouldn’t have been likely to have done that to me themselves, it means I don’t need scratching posts, and really I am not a climbing type kitty. So I don't have the fun of kitty condos, or climbing structures here. It is sometimes funny to see me “scratching” on the corner of a box, or a chair, with my stubby toes.

7. Each day I ask one of my humans to give me a small bathroom Dixie cup full of water on the floor of the shower enclosure. It has to be just that way. I don’t seem to “get” the joy of dripping faucets, or water in sinks.

I have greatly enjoyed reading about other kitties who have received this award, who are many. Although I am supposed to nominate 7 other bloggers to receive it, instead I am going to leave it open for anyone who has not gotten it yet to take it. Because all my friends are Stylish Bloggers!

18 comments:

  1. Oh, Simba, we just love you and you are indeed SO stylish! I think Sam even gets a little jealous when he sees my eyes dilate when I am looking at you. You are like me with trust and human food. I never touch it, but then there's Sam. Better not turn your back. If it's edible, he'll steal it, although he calls it 'borrowing'. HA. But he is just like you with the little cup in the bathroom. Mom only recently got him to use one just for himself instead of her fancy one. She said, "no more furry cups for me". She doesn't know what she is missing.
    We think you are just wonderful, Simba, and we are sooooo glad we are friends :D
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simba, concats on your award, it's well-deserved. BTW, we don't eat people food either, so we are with you on #5. The mom can leave anything out, including any meat or poultry, and we don't touch it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMC Simba, we LOVE people food! Mommy says she wishes we were more like you...Mommy is mean. Sylvester likes to "sharpen" his toes too.
    ConCats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a good kitty, just like your club membership proves! I loved learning more stuff about you, especially that you know who is walking up the stairs and going to bed :).
    ~Lisa Co9T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Concatulations on your award Simba! We enjoyed learning more about you! We can sort of regulate our intake of food that's left out all the time but that goes out the window when treats are involved. And we could tell you were svelte under all that floof because you're such a handsome, manly Mancat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are impressed with point 5! Just like Au and Target but we think NOT Boris...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simba, the moment my human read #5 she wanted to trade kitties! NONE of us could ever be trusted with a turkey - or anything else! We think the dining room table is where cats get to steal treats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Concats on your award!!! We loved reading and learning more about you! Caren and Cody

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like to get in the shower base too! Nice to learn some new things about you Simba.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simba sweet man cat..I loved learning more about you. These awardies are a good thing for sure because so many of us have gotten one and told more things about ourselves.
    Mommy got me Friskies turkey and gravy and chicken and gravy and I would like to invite you over to have some of the chicken and gravy with me on accounta mommy is opening that today. Then we can nap on my quilt.♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved your list! Congrats on the nice award, stylish you are!!! Hey, on #6, Sister Sascha came to us declawed and she loves to claim the top spot in the cat tree. Sister Zoe and I love to drink out of dixie cups too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Simba! Congrats on your stylish award!! WE enjoyed learning more about you too. Ernie is like you with human food...he normally never begs for it. Now me, well, I like a nice piece of chicken occasionally!

    Wally

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Simba, great fur-facts!!! Congratulations on being so stylish friend :-)

    Casper doesn't eat human food either, but Jimmy would pry if from your hand if he could - LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah we think mum did get a zpack along with some super duper cough juice and a disappearing 6-5-4-3-2-1 thing of prednisone.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratz on your award. It's always interesting to learn new things about our old friends!

    ReplyDelete