Saturday, February 26, 2011
Also, the second one is zoomed in more than the first. (in photo #1, the orange glow on the left side was probably a reflection in the window).
Friday, February 25, 2011
As February draws close to a close, we are thinking Spring and Summer around here. Mom helped me find this picture from last year, from one day when she and I did a circuit around the house, and I sat in this favorite spot for quite a while, listening and looking. This year I will be wearing my collar and 007 tag whenever I have a chance to be out, and Mom hopes I will be willing to have a leash as well. And maybe Dad will finally build me an enclosure on the deck. I want a giant one that takes up a big area of the deck so I don't really think I am in an enclosure.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Kitties, Brian has very kindly nominated me for the Awesome Blog Award. Thank you very much, Brian.
I am supposed to write 7 things about myself, nominate 15 blogs to receive the award, and notify them about the award.
I recently did a list of 7 things about myself for the Stylish Blogger award so I have to put my thinking cap on now to come up with 7 news things to say. Hmmm……Most of these have to do with my foods or drink.
1. I drink water from the OTHER side of the bowl (furthest away)
2. I never completely clean my plate when I eat my wet fuds. I always leave some bits in the bowl “just in case” for later, but then they get dried out
3. I caught my first real mousie recently, and boy was it exciting!
4. I will eat human tuna if it is offered to me, but I don’t seem too impressed with tuna juice, which surprises my humans, because it is the gravy I love on my cat food
5. I don’t like milk but I will eat a little yogurt from an “empty” yogurt container
6. I have never tried whipped cream, but I would like to.
7. I refuse to look at the cat in the mirror, or anything on tv. I act as if there is nothing there
Now I need to nominate 15 blogs to receive the award. I don’t know any other kitties/woofies who have received it yet, except for the list Brian gave it to, so here goes: however, nobody should feel left out, because you all deserve it!
Monday, February 21, 2011
Friday, February 18, 2011
The year after I came to live here, my humans took a trip to Maui and Kauai, Hawaii. They spent several evenings watching the sun go down from this particular spot. Mom loves the silhouette of the trees and restaurant, and the light reflecting off the wet sand. Maybe it is time to go back!
2. Quality of Output: Mom is usually quite good when I comes to finding suitable photos of me for each post, although she doesn’t always help me to do a Gardening Post every Thursday or a PhotoHunt post every Saturday: sometimes she bails and says she can’t find a good photo. She needs to take more SUITABLE pictures, and plan them out more, not depending upon endless versions of me sleeping on my messy blankie. Two Paws.
3. Client Pawticipation: Mom helps me make comments on my friends' blogs a lot, but some days she is too busy to help me comment on all of them. I have an email address, but she doesn’t link to it on my blog. So I give her 2 paws here.
4. Pawticipation (Part II): Mom lets me take part in al the parties she ever knows about, and some contests, etc. She could improve some, though. Three paws.
5. Client Satisfaction: I think most of my friends seem to like reading my blog by the sweet comments they leave. Though some posts don’t get a lot of comments, and I think she could do better at writing stimulating stuff to encourage more comments. Three paws.
Overall rating: 2.4 paws. Mom, let’s try for an average of at least 3 paws next year!
Thursday, February 17, 2011
Monday, February 14, 2011
Saturday, February 12, 2011
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Tuesday, February 8, 2011
Sunday, February 6, 2011
Friday, February 4, 2011
Thursday, February 3, 2011
Mom and Dad have noticed that I have been sleeping even more than usual lately. There is no incentive to ask to go on the deck, and I seem to realize that it is yucky outside. My basement is pretty cold, so it is not as much fun to go down there these days, and we haven't had sunpuddles in quite a while. So I tend to sleep on the couch or in this corner almost all the time, except for when I wake up to ask for meals and snacks. Mom wonders if cats get depressed with Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), too.