1. Mom and Dad have had a total of 5 cats, with me being #5.
2. Their first kitty, Smudgie, was white with a small black smudge on his head. He was a Manx cat with a short tail and long back legs.
3. When they got Smudge, they had only been married about 6 months and their apartment complex had a “No Pets” rule. The neighbors under them heard the kitty running on the wooden floors and reported them to the management. They had to have Smudge go and live with Mom’s parents for a while.
4. The next apartment they had, they made sure cats were allowed. Smudge used to go for walks with Dad around the garden apartment complex, without a leash or harness. Dad would just snap his fingers for him to follow. Smudge lived with them in both apartments and both houses they have lived in.
5. Of the 5 cats, three have been male and two female. The first female was Kimi, an Abyssinian. Kimi had one accidental litter of kittens, when she got out of the house by mistake. (Mom says she was gone for 2 days but returned with a smile on her face). They were awful cute. After that she was spayed. The kittens were born when my human sister was a baby and she loved to watch them. The kittens all got forever homes as Christmas presents when they were 8 weeks old.
6. It was only after both Smudge and Kimi had lived their lives and died that they got another kitten. Belle was white and grey stripey, and small. After a few years they added kitten Rusty, who was ginger like me, but not floofy like me. He was born in a bodega in Bridgeport, Connecticut and my Dad drove all the way by himself on a snowy February day in 1993 to choose him and pick him up.
7. I am the only cat my folks got as an adult, rather than as a kitten. My first Mom was getting a divorce and moving in with relatives who had a child who was allergic to cats. Somebody who knew her sent out an email at Mom’s work, asking for somebody to give me a home. My first Mom cried when she had to give me up. I was about 1 ½ years old, and am now 8 ½. I don’t know my real birthday so my folks decided it was January 1st, 2002. It was me and Rusty together for several years, now just me.
Since quite a lot of cats have already received this award, I am just going to say that you are ALL versatile bloggers, and so please, anybody who has not yet had it. please go ahead and tell us 7 things about yourself or your family.