Saturday, April 25, 2015

Stranger than Strange

Yesterday, Dad let me out on the deck, where I discovered that he had draped an old painting tarp over the table to help keep the impatiens he had recently transplanted from getting cold overnight (it went down to 33 F!).      Kitties, I was TERRIBLY interested in the tarp!!    Unbeknownst to Dad, somebody must have put catnip or something similar on it!


See how I am sniffing it?


And loving up to it?


I did that for a long time before I went in underneath it to check out the little plants.


Mom and Dad are STILL wondering what delicious smell I must have discovered on it.

Update:    Today Dad moved the tarp over some stacked chairs and small tables.     Guess where Mom saw me napping?   It's like my outside blankie!!!


13 comments:

  1. Oh that kept you quite interested didn't it Simba?
    Happy Caturday
    ~Annabelle,Boo,Ping and Mr Jinx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, we bet that was great to sniff and check out! Was it really nip or something else?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe another kitty rubbed up against it, and you needed to reclaim it as yours! Because clearly it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I think an outside blankie sounds purrfect Simba!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There must be some good smells on that tarp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. we're wondering where the warms went too. mommy wore BOOTS today! That tarp musta had some verrrry inneresting peemail on it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH Simba, I loved seeing this. There is never any telling what we are going to love and try to keep! I am so glads you have funs with your outside tarp blankie. xxooxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks to me like you had an intruder, and now you have to work hard to get rid of his smell.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, SOMEthing on there sure smells nice, eh Simba?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simba, you are just the sweetest Mancat ever! That was nice of your dad to put the tarp out for you to enjoy!

    Our mommy says she can certainly try to make a bracelet for a little girl! It'd probably be with the stretchy cord and small beads but we can figure something out. We'll look into it! If you'd like to email us our addy is beadedtail at comcast dot net. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes things defy explanation, Simba! I'd be all over it, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete